View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 06:25 AM   #5
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
All four of my campers have had onboard generators and all of them LP. I ordered 3 of the 4 with the prep pack for the genny, the TH TT came with it. I've only had one genny though. I've always paid my dealer to move it from one to the other each time we bought a new camper. The main reason I wanted a genny onboard is our son has asthma and I have always made sure I had alternate power available if our power at home was out. That being said, we've been through a tornado that destroyed half of the park and we used our genny to power lights and tools in the surrounding area. As well as used it for the rescue teams to take a break in. I'm a 30 year paramedic myself and am always planning for alternatives. I've always had LP on the 5ers due to it being much easier to use, store and the genny's carburetor doesn't get clogged up after sitting a bit. The TT I have has a 37 gallon fuel tank on it separately. I've never wanted to put gas on my 5er as my FIL did this on his and the basement area always has a hint of gas fumes.
It does take up room, but that is ok with me. It alleviates having to load another and take it just in case, eliminates possible theft and frees up the bed of the truck while traveling.
Just my .02 cents....