View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:10 AM   #10
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
The return air issue has been talked about for years. The consensus is that there is more than enough return air pulled from other places and the grills are not really needed.

We do not use the propane heat at all anyways. If we camp in cold weather we will only go if we have electric hook ups so we can run a ceramic heater or 2. The only time it may run is upon the first arrival somewhere in cold weather just to warn it up quick and then the heaters take over.

Besides I could easily create the returns by simply drilling holes in the risers and very back of the stair case and insert round grills for the return air.
I understand what you are saying about not using a very loud furnace but with that said, I;m guessing that a majority of us will use the propane furnace.

Why would you not want to use at least the partially heated air and recirculate it through the system. The return air will have some level of retained heat even though the basement is for the most part unheated. There is a ceiling high baffle though somewhat open at the overhang floor stringers between the actual storage area and the return air area and though some heat will be lost, it will still retain a fair amount. Then, by using the partially heated air (regenerative), there will be some level, though minor in the grand scheme, propane and dollar savings.

But like everything - it is your 5er to use as you feel proper
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote