View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 06:43 AM   #22
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Phil, we boondock quite a bit. Like others, I have two Honda EU2000's that I parallel together. I found using one was just too inconsistent. It also depends on what elevation you will be using them at. I can run my microwave here at home in the desert with just one. Up in the mountains it's a whole different story. They lose something like 3% of their power for every 1000' in elevation gain. I may be off on my numbers but you get the idea. As far as storage and security, I usually keep the Honda's locked in a steel cargo box on the back of the fiver. My Mountaineer already had the factory bike rack on it, so I modified it a bit so I could use it to carry my Honda's. I then lock the box to the rack with hitch pins from the inside. The generator box will also fit in the bed of my truck in between the hitch and cab if I choose to put it there. I love this set up since I have the option of using it or not depending upon where I am going. I also have the front storage of the fiver for my batteries and a few other odd n ends. The downside to this setup compared to a built in is no remote start, but somehow I make due! Here are a few pics.

AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote