View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Could not believe what I heard!

Well gang I headed across the Missouri to attend the first seasons Hunting, Fishing, and RV Show! I was walking around the area that had the campers in it and was talking to two gentlemen in the CW display. One was a saleman and the other claimed to be the REGIONAL SALES MANAGER or BUYER for CW. I was talking to a couple looking into buying their first RV and asked my opinion.

They asked what I had and why. I told them why I had a Montana. We were sitting in an Alpine at the time. The salesman and the MANAGER came in and started their speals. They told us that the ALPINE is now the top of the line of Keystone and that it is far and above anything else that Keystone puts out! I asked them about Montanas and their reply was, though not in these exact words-- "You're pulling a subgrade unit when you are pulling the Montana!" I asked why they said that and they said it was because they pay more for the Alpines than they do the Montanas. Come to find out they cannot order Montanas here in Omaha and they didn't bother to tell the couple I was talking to that idea either. The MANAGER told me to my face that the Big Sky is not made anymore. I agreed. I then asked if they offer the Big Sky option on anything else and they said it is not offered either because the Alpine is taking it's place and will be taking the Montanas place over the next few years. Apparently, nobody has told them that the Montana is the #1 selling fifth wheel over the past 10 years. The local dealer for Montanas was also in the show and I walked over to them after our conversation and told them what I had been told. They just shook their head and then thanked me for letting them know what CW was trying to pull on customers and saying about the Montana.

Just thought you all would like to know that we are towing subgrade fifth wheels and what our local CW think of us and our units!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote