Thread: CB radios
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #27
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Well I installed a cobra CB radio yesterday; it has the weather band which is something I find very helpful. I like having the extra ability to talk to someone when advice or help may be needed.
We had a trucker once warn us about a narrow bridge while we were traveling. I’m glad he did so because it was extremely narrow and I mean narrow. We were crossing the Mississippi where the Ohio dumps into the Mississippi. We had to cross from MO into ILL then into KY The 2nd bridge going into KY was probably the narrowest bridge I had ever been on. We had a van and an Airstream camper trailer at that time. That combination was a whole lot smaller than the dually and Monty we have now. Anyway, as we were crossing my dad was following and he indicated that my bumper was only a few inches from hitting the side of the bridge as we crossed. I doubt that we had 6 inches to spare on either side. Man that was a tight bridge, anyone gone over it in the Monty?
So the moral of the story is that a CB radio can be very helpful at times. Had we not been warned about a narrow bridge we could have approached it a little too fast for the situation.