View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 05:30 AM   #28
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We've used both Direct and Dish with mediocre results on both likely due to RV cabling. I don't know why they have multiple cable inputs when they all go into a big splitter then one cable to each TV and then another splitter at the tv. The satellites work better if I run a cable thru the window to by-pass splitters but who wants to do that. I read where Dish and Direct are going to merge because so many are cutting the cable. Stream is the future in TV. All the cable companies are now offering stream packages. Hot spot works good but you need an unlimited plan as video eats up data. We had Comcast run cable Internet into our winter site and we share it with our daughter next door. Netflix, Prime, ATT-TV all work great, and cheaper and better than either satellite service. Also we got almost nothing OTA at our location. I noticed in FL last winter that some CG's are using third party WiFi at extra cost that is good for streaming. Our experience was cost was reasonable and performance was superior. We will use that when in Venice this coming Feb.
Anyone want a King Tailgater and two Wally's? Cheap. PM me.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote