View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 06:50 AM   #8
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
Hello All we live in Birmingham Al and go to Gatlinburg 3-5 times a year. We love staying at Anchor Down on Douglas lake. 18k acres..All site have either a fire place or pit. Views of lake and mountains. Also the ridge closer in. Nice pull thrus and can get your own hot tubs. Eat at Peddler for salad bar and Pancake pantry for morning star. Visit Cade cove for deer, turkey, bears and more. Cross the park to Cherokee and stop at farm steady for a chance to see elk. Then take the Blue Ridge Pkwy to Pisgua Inn for lunch.. enjoy your trip.

I have stayed at Anchor Down once and don't plan to go back. It is truly a beautiful place with amazing views. They have a large fleet of rental golf carts and apparently all of them were rented out and running laps around the park like the Indy 500. A lot of these were kids that looked to be as young as 8 years old. I had a back in site and all I could see in the mirrors were more golf carts coming; finally a guy parked in the next site stepped out and stopped the carts long enough for me to back in. My visit was in June, it might not be such a big issue weekdays while schools are in session. I was also not a fan of that steep incline you have to park on to go in the office to register.

Yes, the Peddler has an impressive salad bar, it's as long as a Montana and has some items I've never seen on a salad bar anywhere else. Going there just for the salad bar to me would be like going to a strip club just for the music!
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote