View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by timbuktu78

Has anyone dealt with applying the Lemon Law to their 5er? I bought mine in VA, which has one of the best Lemon Laws in the country, which also covers RVs. I am in the beginning process and wondering if anyone has already gone through this, what your situation was, and the outcome?

I will spare my story bc it is too long to tell here, but needless to say my 5er has been a nightmare for my family.

Thanks!
Timbuktu78,
I found the information below regarding Virginia's Lemon Law. I'm no lawyer but it sounds to me as if there will be major limitations in your attempt to have the Lemon Law applied to your 5er.

But good luck and please keep us updated on how things go.
HamRad

"Lemons" (so called for the sour taste left in the buyer's mouth) come in all sizes and shapes. Most lemons have wheels, and technically, Virginia's "lemon" law -- the Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act -- is limited to automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, and the chassis of motorhomes. However, some lemons float (boats), others fly (aircraft), and even a third class includes defective houses and mobile homes. For the most part, the days of caveat emptor (loosely translated, "tough luck") are over! In Virginia, for a motor vehicle to qualify for a buy-back under the Warranty Enforcement Act, it must generally be no older than four model years, and have documented problems during its first eighteen months following delivery to the first owner or lessee. There must also be evidence that the manufacturer was notified within eighteen months from delivery. For owners or lessees of vehicles that do not qualify under this "lemon" law, there may still be warranty law rights under other statutes.

Virginia's Warranty Enforcement Act does not include boats and watercraft (such as jet skiis, etc.). Neither does it include the "coach" or living section of a motorhome. However the consumer with a boat or motorhome defect or malfunction is still protected under the Commonwealth's Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote