View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:05 AM   #68
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Let’s see here.

I talked to a fellow at the diesel pump a few days ago he was filling a very nice looking 2006 Duramax, 450,000 miles on the engine and had to replace transmission at 400,000 miles used over loaded hauling cows all of its life (transmission not heavy duty?)

A friend of mine was upset the dealer wouldn’t take his 2009 Duramax in on triad the dealer took the time to explain that they just could not take a truck with 650,000 miles on it no engine change or transmission change operated overloaded hauling cows all of its life (transmission not heavy duty?).

I am changing the front wheel bearing pack on a 1999 F350 4X4 total miles unknown but it is so old and beat up that it no longer is used on the road motor and transmission still going strong.

Got a 2000 dodge with the Cummins with auto transmission still running but no one uses it they prefer the Ford and the 2005 Duramax that’s in the same fleet.

I have 5 heavy duty Cummins, Cat, Komatsu, JD and Kubota diesels not in trucks in the same fleet running several different kinds of equipment.

They all do the job they were designed to do and they all have some maintenance problems.

So just pick the truck you like that is built to haul the load you want and enjoy it.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote