Thread: Adding Airbags
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:08 PM   #21
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
I'll go against the grain and say yes they will increase your payload, just not legally speaking. Remember on most 3/4 tons the only difference between it and a SRW one ton is one (evidently magical) leaf. That's it nothing else except the sticker on your door. So the airbag is nothing but a different type of spring which can actually support more weight then the one extra spring. NOTE TO WEIGHT POLICE...notice I am being very clear that this does not legally increase your payload, jut physically.
As for a smother ride, when I had them on my 05 F250 I found that they did help on dips and bridges but offered no improvement else ware. I find it hard to comprehend how stiffening your suspension can offer a smother ride unless you are constantly bottoming out. Most all who have posted after installing air bags report a smoother ride, with many claiming smoother even when empty. Go figure! Perhaps my butts just numb from to many years driving semi's