View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Cyride
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22980
RV extended service contracts

After over two years of looking for our 5th wheel we have purchased a new Montana High Country 381th which we will pick up this Friday. I have strongly considered purchasing an extended service plan (some would call it an extended warranty). I have looked at 3 options and would be interested in getting information on some of these plans.

The dealer we purchased the RV from provides a lifetime warranty from a group called Warranty Forever. As long as the RV is inspected by a licensed shop annually it covers repairs or replacement of many items on the RV. The dealer tells me up front that it doesn’t cover everything but they offer an expanded protection for a cost of $3,261 for 5 years. I have requested information about the coverage.

I have also received a quote from Good Sam ESP with a guaranteed rate for up to 6 years.

The plan I am really considering is Wholesale Warranties Viking Protection EXE 7 year plan. Items not covered are Awning Material, frame, structural damage, adjustments, bedding, bumpers, carpet, satellite and telephone wiring, countertops, flooring, doors, and furniture. Other items not covered are normal insurance covered items, corrosion, deterioration, and rust.

I know some don’t believe in protection plans and I am not one to always buy them. I have purchased plans such as Ford ESP for my truck and one for my last Honda Goldwing. I will say I almost didn’t purchase it for the Goldwing as those bikes are know for running without problems. I did have a claim to replace a switch on the Goldwing. It more than paid for the cost of the plan, so that one worked out. Haven’t had to use it on the truck as it is only a year old and covered by the MFG original warranty. The truck and RV can be fairly complex and after reading about some of the problems people have experienced with RV’s the piece of mind might be worth it.

So if you have had any experience with the mentioned plans please let me know. If there are any other plans to consider I would appreciate that information too.

Thanks,

Jon