View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 04:10 PM   #69
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
On a recent radio program, the forecast for diesel prices to stay high or go up. Why? When refining a barrel of oil (actually 42 gallons), the refiner gets 20 gallons of gasoline, 12 gallons of diesel, and then all the other stuff. This is basically fixed. So, the demand for gasoline is flat--no real growth projected in the future due to fuel economy, etc. For Diesel the use is increasing in commercial trucks, and other uses. Then in 2020 the ships using dirty diesel will convert to low Sulphur diesel. Diesel demand will grow. To meet the demand, refiners will produce more diesel and also get more gasoline. I don't know what a fix may be. So far the fix is lower price of gasoline and the higher price of diesel.

Really it all just means they are trying to squeeze the use of diesel, for me the difference is ridiculous however if diesel stays high (since I use my 1 ton for work and towing my fifth wheel) I will just dump the RV and my truck for something more fuel efficient like a car.

There is no reason for me to pay that much more just be they want to keep the price of diesel high, and when truckers start taxing on more costs be of their diesel costs someone may do something about it be there is no reason for $.70- $1.00 more per gal of diesel over gas.

And for those who claim they pollute more, blah blah blah be there are more gas vehicles then diesel also how are you going to ship products across the USA and overseas without diesel vehicles and ships. If is all a ploy by the folks trying to squeeze more money out of us to afford the diesel vehicles over gas, makes no sense to me bc there are so many other areas they could protect the environment
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote