Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #172
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Well it has been a long time coming but my new 2019 F-350 DRW replacement truck is in the driveway. Main reason it took so long in getting it was due to having to order an exact replacement but Ford did pony up and I got a straight across trade for my 2018 with no fees or costs to me other than a major inconvenience. Yes I was out of a vehicle for quite some time but my dealership did loan me vehicles to pull our Fifthwheel with for our scheduled camping trips. Long story is Ford did what was right and my dealership did what was right and I ended up with a new truck.

By the way I towed with a loaner 2015 SRW F-350 and a 2016 F-250 SRW. I can guarantee that they both pulled our Fifthwheel quite well but no where near as confidence inspiring as our F-350 DRW. In normal driving they did ok and had good power and decent handling. In more demanding conditions like mountain driveing and high wind they definitely were not as capable as the DRW. This is my opinion and I will stand behind it and say that a DRW is way more stable than the SRW trucks. I am not saying that you can not tow with the SRW trucks because you can. I am just saying that I am very happy to have my DRW truck back.

Tom Marty