View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #14
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlockers View Post
Thanks for the inputs folks, the DS1FLT inputs were spot on, when the gas ignites the light comes on. As suggested tried cycling the CB, pushing resets under the water heater cover for our problem with electric water heater. No joy. Tried cycling CB, pushing resets, ran the hot water out and left for about 2 hours. Came back & no hot water. Back to gas and all is well. As much as I am dreading it, guess I am headed back to CW. Think I'd prefer a root canal or sharp stick in the eye. One more rookie question, any thoughts on draining the hot water tank before parking it for a few weeks. With our Coachman we'd just unscrew the large (3/4"?) plug under the cover and let it drain. Thanks again, Joe.

You are not required to take any appliance back to the dealer. No idea why people do. It only adds to back logs. If in your shoes I'd email the manufacturer for a list of mobile techs that handle warranty items for them in your area. The manufacturer will NOT pay for the service call but that $50 or so is better than hauling it into a dealer if more than a few miles away. Even more so if the dealer is going to wait on warranty approval and parts. Talk to a mobile guy, get it done at your location, get it done faster.
The guy that washes my 5er comes to me, the guy that does the my bearings comes to me,
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote