View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #18
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mlh

What are the rules on bringing a long gun into Canada especially a shotgun. I have a lot of Canadian friends who come down here several times every year to shoot in BR shooting matches but I never bothered to ask about getting in the US or back in Canada.
Lynwood
As far back as I can remember Americans have been coming to Canada to hunt, both big game and game birds, they brought their rifles and shotguns with them and they continue to do so. I can not advise you on what you are required to do to not only get them into Canada but equally important get them back into the US. Those answers can be found by contacting the appropriate border services, get the answers from the horses mouth, not from what might be thought to be correct on this forum.

Years ago I received a permit to hunt antelope in Montana, I do not remember what was required but I do remember it was not a big issue in either direction with respect to my rifle. Find out what the requirements are, follow those requirements and you will have no problems.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote