View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob,

We stayed at the KOA a few years ago. It is an OK park. Now that I know about the park out at Lake Siskiyou I would stay there rather than the KOA.

The KOA is on the west end of town. It is a bit hard to get into. A long narrow entry and a 90 degree turn at the end. I do not remember the site number we were in. If I remember correctly it does not make a lot of difference. All are about the same. They are dirt/grass. Relatively level and more spacious than many KOAs that I've seen. Things looked "old" when we were there. Don't know if they've improved or not. I guess the nicest thing about the park is that it is relatively close to downtown.

If I were spending 10 days there I'd definitely stay at the Lake Siskiyou CG even though it is about 3 miles south of town.

Whatever you do have fun. That is such a nice part of our state. If you haven't been in that area before be sure and visit the McCloud area. It is about 15 or 20 miles east of Mt. Shasta. Nice little ex RailRoad town. There is a nice RV park there too. Just a few miles east of that town is a nice state CG. If you need additional info just let me know.

See you later.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote