View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Just because your charger says it is 90 amp doesn't mean it charges at that current. It will support that much load (with a lot of heat), but the batteries charge at about 10% of their capacity. If they charge at more than that, they will start to overheat and boil off the water (even if they are sealed).

If you have 100 AH batteries, and they are 50% discharged, then they should charge in 6-8 hours. If they are deep discharge batteries, then they will take a little longer to charge.

These are very general numbers, but it will put you in the ballpark. The loads in any RV are hard to predict, so someone with a power center or a clamp-on ammeter stands the best chance to figure out just what's needed. I've found that my Honda EU2000 is sufficient to charge my two 100
AH AGM batteries, but I can't run my microwave when I first hook up. Remember that the Honda 2000 is good for only 1600 W continuous, and that there are other quiet generators that will do 2000 W continuous that might be a better choice.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote