View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #36
gkidsdlite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12956
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ranch560

gkidsdlite, we have been going to Puerto Penasco (aka Rocky Point), Mexico for the last couple of years. It is located at the north end of the Sea of Cortez and about 65 miles south of the US border. It's very easy to get to, traveling south through Arizona and crossing at Lukeville. We have never experienced any issues with our safety and feel as safe here as in many of the major cities we travel in. There are several nice rv parks in the city, we stay at one named Playa Bonita. We are right on the water with an outstanding view looking out the back window at the water. The park is filled with american and canadian snowbirds. Shopping is no problem as there is a Sams Club, mexican Wal Mart and mexican Safeway. This year we will probably spend 6 weeks there after we do the Quartzsite rally and the Tucson Gem and Mineral show. Again, as for safety issues, quit reading the newspapers and talk to people whom are actually going to or have gone to Mexico recently before you make up your mind. And yes, there are definitely areas to stay away from just as in our good old USA. Do your research.
Thank you for the info and this is why I asked the question because I suspected there was someone on here with the answer. I have seen many pics of places in Mexico on the ocean that were beautiful. I envision a high cliff with our fiver backed up close but not to close to the edge and seeing beautiful sunsets with my wife. Thanks again and maybe I will be contacting you in the future for more of your insight!
gkidsdlite is offline   Reply With Quote