View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
It seems more and more companies are taking on the attitude of "how would you know what you're talking about, you're just the customer". I recently had to call the tech help line for a computer router that did not work on 1 of my computers. The guy tries to tell me I have no internet coming from my modem, even though 2 other computers work fine????? He did not want to even listen to me and of course I got frustrated hung up and went out and bought another companies router. But in defense of companies employees, most companies have scripts that employees must follow to the letter. They are not allowed to think for themselves. When I started with Verizon I was a service rep. Back then you were allowed to talk to customers and solve their problems. But then we started to get scripts. We were forced to read and say exactly what was on the scripts, no deviation. I could not do that anymore so moved outside as an installer. At first we repaired the calling customers service but if we saw a problem with someone elses we repaired that too to avoid problems for them,,,,good customer service. But then they started the procedure that we fix the calling customers service and leave the rest, no matter it was either out of service or about to be out. Hmm bad customer service. The kicker is the company would get upset that their customer satisfaction numbers are in the dumper and would blame the employees for it....... In your case why couldn't they just listen to the customer and how much could it cost them to just mail out another filter to keep a customer happy if necessary......I think the days of good customer service for many companies is a thing of the past.
Ok I'm done ranting now lol lol...and yeah there are still a few good companies...good luck getting the right parts....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote