Thread: Cracked wheel.
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
mobil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10437
Mike, I didn't consider it a structural defect. I attributed it to the sidewall blowout at 65 mph. Like I said, this resulted in a small flat spot on the rim edge from scraping the pavement but didn't affect it's ability to hold air. These are cast aluminum rims so they don't have the strength of forged wheels(or the expense). I never expected them to credit me a new wheel. Didn't mind paying for peace of mind, especially since we shelled out for 5 new g614's that should have been put on the Monty in the first place. I thought the price was very fair. As far as the crack goes, I found it when waxing the wheels. I could barely feel it with my bare fingers. At first I thought it was just a hairline bit of road tar, that's what it looked like, but it didn't rub off. I jacked the trailer and removed the wheel. From the backside, it was obvious it was a crack, completely thru the spoke. Tredit was plenty helpful, asking if I thought it was a defect. I said I didn't think so and explained why. I was being honest with them and liked dealing with them. I'm sure if you ever have a problem with any of their wheels, it would be easy to come to a resolution with them.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote