Thread: Fuse Panel
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Besides turning on the fan's wall switch, then I must yank on the fan/light switches (if any) to get mine going. Does your fan operate with a remote? Is it possible that only the remote operates the fan? How about the freshness of the batteries in the remote? I use a small DVM that has a battery tester to confirm batteries.

On my rig, my 110v breaker box does not specifically call out the fan, but the closest to it would be the breaker labeled "living room". I would test other 110v outlets or devices to verify the breaker is not blown (note: most lighting in the living room is 12v and wouldn't help for this purpose). If other stuff works then it is something with the fan.

If other things don't work, then check the circuit breaker. They have been known to stop working even though the switch has not "tripped". You might also try to locate a GFCI to ensure it's not that either.

So many possibilities and this is the extent of my debugging capabilities. I hope you post what you find. Good luck.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote