View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Honda 2000 does run my Air Conditioner

After many doubts about whether or not this would work, I hooked up my Honda Generator 2000 and ran my air conditioner in my Montana 3075. This is a 15,000BTU unit. I do get a some cycling of the generator when the compressor kicks in once its running but everything seems to working fine. For those of you who didn't see my earlier posts on this as well as those who helped my figure this out, thanks and here is what I have done. First I installed a Hard Start capacitor (Supra SPP6E), then I installed and IOTA 30A Transfer Switch, placed in the furnace compartment. Once I located the Air Conditioner wiring at the panel I diverted it from the Air Contioner to the Transfer Switch. Then ran a new wire from the same posts on the panel to the transfer switch. Then I ran a second input wire to the transfer switch from a Power Inlet connector I installed in place of the landline telephone connection on the outside of the unit. The connector I purchases fit exactly in the same space as the old telephone connector, except I had to drill out a slightly larger hole. Once installed the generator has priority on the transfer switch so when I plug it in I am wired directly and only to the Air Conditioner. I hope this helps those who want to try it and I thank those who helped me. Happy trails. John
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote