View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
More counter cracks

Well, here we go again was cleaning the kitchen sink and saw new cracks on the divider between the sinks. This whole counter/sink unit was replaced in July. After drying everything off after the cleaning I found cracks in the bottom of the large sink. I took pics of them and they are posted here I called Smallwood RV in Jackson TN this morning about the microwave/ convection and again about the sink so it looks like we will kill two birds with one stone. It looks like when this unit was molded there might have been a problem with the catalyst. The cracks are bulging up into the sink area and so far I don't have any leaks. The last time I saw this type of cracking it was because they used a "hot" mix while laying the fiberglass, I was working at a fiberglass canoe factory at the time. I check under the sink with it full and found no leaks (yet) but it is only 6 months old and shouldn't have cracked... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote