View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
staff requirement; my thoughts

Hi Gang,

Just a few thoughts.

Keystone Montana staff should be REQUIRED to use one of these units for at least a week. Tow for a minimum of 100mi one way. Use and Live in a unit for at least 1 week.

The units should be equiped with the basic pots pans dishes.
Linens / food, would be the responsibility of the user.

I realize a week in a unit is not the same as fulltiming, but think of the positives.

Keystone should provide units for this purpose, say less than 5 yrs young and a tow vehicle. Travel Expenses should be payed by the employee. Tow vehicles from all three manufacturers with various hitches / aftermarket pinboxes surveyed. Keystone would write the cost off as a business expense for research and product development.

This would have many benefits to all of us in addition to boosting morale in the facility. Employees would have first hand experience with a unit and some of the issues here.

In talking to one rep. He has minimal to no experience using, towing, and living the RV lifestyle. The Montana Keystone group does listen to its owners and feedback, which can be seen in improvements to the newer models. I can not think of any negatives with an employee usage requirement other than the inital cost of setting up such a program.

Wear and tear could be more closely monitored by the factory as well as a user checklist / survey which will result in continued improvements. Hypothetical, simple things such as Screws instead of staples for instance or glue and screw instead of just screws.

This has the potential of a more usefull durable RV. I'm sure the factory sees its share of problems within the warranty period. However, not as much of older units unless its structural in nature. This would continually improve the durability of the Montana and its feature / dollar value.

The benefits are, current / future owners will be in a better position for resale. This will allow us to purchase a newer improved unit with the features we are asking for in our existing units.

Sales of new units will increase with the improvements. Provided the value of the improvements don't approach the glorified Cambridge.