Thread: @#$%*& MICE!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 04:33 AM   #7
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1LI View Post
Just took care of a mouse highway, there are multiple prepunched knockouts from the propane storage into the generator area. While converting the gen compartment I closed up a dozen openings that led right into the underbelly. Used a can of black expanding foam,silicone ,foil tape but I think I got them all. I am now carefully looking in each compartment.

Look at the bathroom sink cabinet floor where the water entry and drain are located, where the HW heater plumbing enters the RV as well as under the stove cabinet. I actually put a floor under the kitchen sink cabinet and added a floor to the bottom of the bedroom chest, Then there is the plumbing for the washer/dryer. Those holes in the propane compartments were covered with aluminum foil tape. I think I probably used 2 or 3 cans of Right Stuff foam along with a couple packages of stainless scrubbing pads, all after our first winter and hadn't had a mouse again until this past winter. I'm going to put some window screening on the basement side of the two heat return vent covers as well.

One positive - the inside of ours is now sparkling clean

Good luck! It's a never ending battle of wits with those little rodents
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote