View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Steve,

I suspect they are true professionals and are trained to deal with somewhat unhappy owners and are more skilled in the repair work they do. I sure wish we were not so far away from the factory as I beleive that we could get our issues resolved much quicker w/o some of the hassles of having to deal with dealers and their only contacts at the factory. In our recent encounter in Oregon trying to get some of warranty issues taken care of, I wasn't very impressed with the approach and attitude of some of the team Montana contacts. When one is facing a real safety issue one would think that all parties involved would go the extra mile to find and fix whatever the problem is or was. Unfortunately, we were stonewalled by the factory using inadequate testing methods to truly find the real problem. Was I firm in trying to get this problem resolved, you bet I was. Was I nasty, I don't think so. When the Team Montana personnel could not understand the difference between a static one time test and the diagnostics and thorough inspection required to find, locate and fix an intermittent issue, I must admit I got very frustrated. I doubt there was an understanding of what the stress is to hook up to and try to pull a 13,500 lb 5th wheel up and down mountain passes when you have recently had half the brakes fail and then are told Montana won't pay the dealer to pull the wheels and hubs to see if there is anything intermittent or marginal inside. That just don't cut it with me.

I had to take the Montana 3400RL elsewhere to get the inspection and repairs accomplished at my expense. And at considerably lower cost than what the dealer was quoting to remove the wheels and hubs. It is going to take me a long time to forget that. And it has very little to do with the financial issues. Safety and responsibility is not a financial issue.

Now we are trying to get the rest of the warranty issues resolved at our original dealer here in WA. The Apollo oven replacement s/b relatively straight forward but getting the super slide roof sag problem resolved permanently I suspect is going to be painful. I must say I am humored a bit by those I have talked to at dealers and the factory concerning this problem. The impression they try to give is this is a problem that is new to them and they have not seen this before. I know that is totally false information. So I am asking our WA dealer to contact the factory to see what the procedure is going to be after the first original fix has failed. My concern is Montana is going to hold the original dealer responsible for the failed fix and then a unhappy dealer will be working on my unit. The real problem is, Montana allowed a defective unit to leave their factory and now band aides have to be added. I would feel alot better if Montana accepted reposibility and replaced the whole slide with a good one. My present thinking is this is going to be a continuing problem and hassle. Hopefully I am wrong.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote