Thread: Dealer Ratings
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #235
captl27
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16077
Camping World Syracuse NY Sales: 9, PDI: 8, Service Thought they were a 6 found out they are actually a 2 I bought my present 5r here in 2014 and they bent over to make the sale. They replaced the pin box so I could take the unit on a shake down weekend while they were waiting for parts to finish my prep work. Whileon that weekend we discovered that the drain in the shower had a clog which ended up having to be cut out and rebuilt to fix. We did not know that in order to do the repair they had to remove shower floor support which apparently they failed to replace which eventually caused cracking of the floor of the shower. It took weeks to repair the shower drain. They also did not install the slide toppers in the optimum locations. This drain problem which eventually cause the cracking of the floor of the shower turned into a yearlong back and forth with Keystone which ended in them not supporting their product even with the drain problem and subsequent floor damage was determent by Camping World Kingston NY. Neither Keystone nor Camping World when notified via snail mail owed up to any liability. Which is the reason I will probably never buy a Keystone product again or buy any RV at a Camping World. Also after going through all the effort to collect the documentation and write to Trailer Life for their help they forward the letter to Keystone with no positive result. They never approached Camping World with their failures, I guess because they are owned by Good Sam which is affiliated Camping World.

This brings me to Camping World Kingston NY which I can only rate there service. SERVICE: 2. I brought the repair work to them because they are closer to where I live. Their attempt to repair the shower floor ended in a poorly matched color repair that you can still see the cracks though. They did seem to redo the support the floor of the shower. They were also to repair the ripped flooring in the Kitchen which was caused by a defective slide. They did repair the floor but if you look in from the entrance you can see the cut edge of the old flooring under the slide. There repair lasted 8 months but on the approach of the cold weather the adhesive holding down the flooring let go and now it has lifted. Also they cleaned the unit in freezing weather causing one of the compartment doors to bubble which when notified never got back to me. As I have already stated I am out on big companies and will look to a local RV dealer for my next unit and use sources such as these threads to locate a good one. Thanks.
captl27 is offline   Reply With Quote