View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 05:48 AM   #1
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Summer Storage at Dealer update

Well I called the dealer on Wendnesday and asked how the repairs were coming. The 26th was its scheduled appointment. Tehy told me they were not quite done troubleshooting and submitting things to Keystone. Thursday I got a call saying everything but the door was approved and parts were being ordered. Sounds good right?

Well not really.

See I took it in for what I call major system problems.
Rear AC not cooling like I think it should.
Furnace not working
Levelers not working right
And the door was rubbing big time
Plus several small issues.

All if the small issues were approved.
AC was working per specs-- arg I do not believe it.
Furnace- too hot to test. Yes, I know it is 100 degrees out now, but 6 weeks ago it was not.
Level system works fine in the shop's bay, like there are many campsites out there that are as level as the shop
They found the door was not hung right and needed to be removed and rehung. Adjustments to doors and awnings are not covered after 90 days. It has been at the dealers for a total of 12 weeks.

Well instead of calling back to discuss, I went down there. The Service adviser I have been working with was not there. I talked tot eh other service adviser. He gave me the run down. Left and went to CW to get my 320 toilet with 3 day old expired $25 coupon and sale it was cheapest price $184.

Well I had time to stew on things.

Went back and talked to my service adviser.
AC-- If the AC is working to spec, why not cool the camper enough to be able to troubleshoot Furnace? Well they are going to do that. Maybe they will find the AC is not working like it should and I get my furnace fixed.

Levelers-- take it out of the shop and try leveling it on ground that is not so level- They will try that.
I explained how I try with ramps and legos to pre-level and limit leveler travel and still no joy. So they are now willing to try it out of the shop.

Door- what dealer is saying is because door needs more than adjusting it needs to be rehung-- it is a repair. Keystone says out of 90 days no adjustments. So I get to call Keystone customer service. Will see if I get treated as well as I treat my customers.

So By not taking their first answer I think I may get a little closer to getting my camper out out of summer storage and actually fixed right. They did tell me they ave 432 open tickets and 8 techs. So yes, they have a lot of pressure to not spend a lot of time looking at things, but instead they get to look at things twice this way. The service advisers are really trying to help.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote