View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #31
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
My advice is don't buy from a dealer just because they have smiling sales reps!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM A DEALER JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE RECOMMENDS THEM BECAUSE THEY "treated them nice". This is a BUSINESS DEAL not a "nice convention". Absolutely positively do not walk into your local dealership and not check prices anywhere else!!!!!!!!

I strongly recommend that you turn the purchase into a commodity bid with at the very minimum 3 dealers. In order to get the best price (saving 10s of thousands) you MUST pit the dealers against each other on four key issues in order:
1. Best cash price out the door (everything included).
2. Best price for your trade in if you have one.
3. Best financing (if you go thru the dealer for that).
4. Do not allow them to add any "special" warranties or services to jack the price back up.

At any point that you don't think your getting the best deal you have to be willing to get up and walk out. PERIOD. You have the money and that gives you the power. Up to the point you sign the bottom line that is. After that the dealer has all the power. DO NOT sign the bottom line until your absolutely sure you have the very best deal and you have inspected the merchandise and all the obvious repairs have been completed. Once you drive off the lot you no longer have any real leverage over the dealer and your at their mercy for any warranty repairs. And I would not use the sales dealer for warrant work anyway.

I know you say that you don't have patience but to get the best price you MUST take the time to work the process. IF you don't your going to pay way more than you should have.

I also highly advise you to buy from a sales dealership but have all your repair work completed by a REPAIR ONLY business. With very few exceptions sales dealerships only have service to get the rigs out the door. By contrast, REPAIR ONLY shops have a business model that dictates that they do work professionally and fast.

Despite what folks on here say about Camping World we found that we got the best price from them and bought our rig there. It only stands to reason since CW is the highest volume dealer in the world. HOWEVER, I would NOT use Camping World for any service work!

Commodity bid=best price and major savings!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote