View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post

I now have an inverter issue whereas it has evidently blown an internal fuse according to the Magnum Dimension Tech. In my research now in chasing wires, I have figured out my unit's wiring to the inverter comes off of the battery through a breaker, thru a cutoff switch direct to the inverter.

The breaker I upgraded was to the inverter not the hydraulic pump since the picture showed a Busman breaker that looks identical to the one going to the inverter.

Now I am confused, the breaker to the inverter was originally a 50 and the manual states not to exceed 150 amp, so I guess the 80 I put in is ok for the inverter? Can anyone give me a good part of the breaker for the pump or is it the same type of breaker that is used on the inverter line? Thanks
The RV uses two circuit beakers (originally both are 59 amp unless someone has changed one as recommended).

The inverter does *NOT* use a self resetting circuit breaker. It uses a 300 amp fusible link. It looks completely different than the self resetting cb. It is the long thing on the left is the picture below. If you did change the fuse to a 50 amp cb I can see why the inverter is having problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - CB Pic.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	4186  

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote