Thread: I'm back BUT...
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I'm back BUT...

the procedure did not go as expected and that explains why I spent two nights and 3 full days in the hospital.
Forget about making up for lost sleep. If I had a total of 4 hours of sleep I don't remember it. For one thing they need to lower the temp on the AC. I spent most nights sweating. Being in a ward with 3 other Vets was debilitating at best. One Vet was suffering from Parkinson disease another was having his leg amputated below the knee and the 3rd I am not sure of his situation but it wasn't very good. Their much more serious health situations kept me in clearer frame of mind. Compared to them I was in excellent health. Because of their needs there was something going on the room most of the night, If it wasn't the Nurse's it was snoring, moaning and groaning.
ANYWAY, Tuesday they were supposed to place a stint between the kidney and bladder but because of the mass of the stone they couldn't get it in. Next they went after the tumor and got over 90% of it removed. YES, they did find cancer and over the next few weeks I will be going in for many more tests and examinations. They did feel that they got all the cancer but still will need more tests. They also place a catheter. That was all done on Tuesday.
Wednesday, I was sent to radiology where they were able to add the stint using X-ray but this stint drains from the left kidney to the outside of the body and for this they added another catheter like tube and another bag.
Thursday, Spent most of the morning waiting. Finally I was given the news that I will spend Thursday night in my own bed. They removed the catheter from the penis and OOOWWWWWW that hurt but it was gone. Did a few tests and released me. Got home somewhere around 5 and just sat back and relaxed. I was so tired I didn't make or take any phone calls and of course this 'puter just sat there begging me to caress it's key's once again.
I am still wearing the second catheter as I need to get the kidney drained before they want to blast it. My next appointment is for Sept 8th.
Gotta go for now.
One last thing before I take a nap......
THANK YOU!!!!
FOR ALL YOUR
THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote