View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #56
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
The point I was trying to make is that the manufactures change the capacities both for towing and for cargo on a whim from year to year on essentially the exact same truck with the exact same equipment, drive train and parts. It create lots of confusion for people or perspective owners and I suspect it has a lot more to do with pushing vehicle sales than it does to do with safety or vehicle capabilities. When these numbers move that much how can anyone take their ratings as anything but a guide. In regard to legalities it would completely muddy the waters in court I suspect if the issue ever came up... According to the spec's for my 2015 cc srw 2500hd chevy I have plenty of room on the towing chart and the capacity of the truck is right at the limit pin weight wise and can move up or down from rated limits depending upon moving a couple things. The observations of these ratings over 3 manufacturing yrs is really surprizing, I also expected the new 2017 Chevy/GMC ratings to go up considering the upgrades to the hp & torque ratings but they didn't ????
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote