View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
I agree about not knowing where you will spend the night.

This last June Kevin and I made our first out of State trip...We went to Texas for son's graduation from Air Force Basic. Our trip there and back (with exceptions of the week stay in San Antonio)was just winging it.

Sometimes we spent more time just to find a campground we approved of....other times we were lucky and found a place, and payed high prices.

Next time I think I would like to be a little more organized and have more of an idea of a place to stay ahead of time.

Something else to consider......from our experience of looking for campgrounds, we found that in New Mexico and Texas, most of the campground offices closed by 1pm and did not answer the phones. But you could drive in and take a spot that was available. Again a lot of time spent to do it this way.

Reservation makes it more simple and easier to know where you will be for the night.
Wingin it you need to be flexable, and not worried about hopin from city to city to decide where you will be for the night.

Our joke, yet we were serious....was we could always rely on a Walmart.

Another note that I loved about Texas....All rest stops offer free wireless. And we did use the service to locate a campground. ( in 105 degree heat, in the shade at a table in the rest stop)
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote