View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #15
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjetzen View Post
Nope would not consider one. You may really like yours but JMO, it's an accident looking for a place to happen.
Know this: For every incident with an Andersen hitch, I promise you I can post one (or several) equal incidents with ANY OTHER hitch. That's a fact. I've done it several times with others who are mechanical engineer wannabes on different forums. Go ahead and test it if you please. You post an incident with an Andersen hitch, and I'll respond with one about an old-school steel failure. I'm ready. I've already got the pictures and report saved from last debate about this topic. For your own peace of mind, PLEASE don't get the Andersen. That would be stupid of you. But (just like the anti-vaccers in this country) your argument is on the wrong side of the facts and I come out swinging when people try to state a belief as a fact. I have no particular love for the Andersen Engineering company. I've simply owned 2 of the Andersen Ultimate hitches over the last 7 years, steel and now aluminum and and my purchases were done with tons and tons or research on all hitches, with the advice of an actual, not-kidding-around, mechanical engineer son-in-law. I would never in a million years go back to an old school, 300 lbs of pig iron in my bed truck style hitch . But heck, we all know aluminum isn't strong enough, right? That's why an Air Force C-5 cargo jet can lift a 500,000 lb. combat cargo load with ease. Because it's almost ENTIRELY aluminum. So, post your Andersen failures and I'll respond right back with my own examples.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote