View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chip

We just recently had the same problem. The antenna needs to be tightened. There is a special tool that you can use from the inside after removing the crank. Your dealer should have this tool or you can buy one for $20.

Chip
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

I am soooo glad my warranty ended. I had the same thing happen. When we did our walk around picking up the new rig they put up the antenna. After putting it down I noticed it didn't look flat with the roof. When I mentioned this to them one guy climbed up on the roof. Well it looked flat after that. We took the rig out on it's first trip, put up the antenna. Experienced the same issue you described. When I climbed up I found the fork had punctured the upright arm like described. Took it back to the dealer, they replaced the antenna. Here is the GOOD part. The same thing always happens when retracting. I found loosely lowering until resistance, then up about half crank. Then down will drop it between the forks correctly. LOOSE, SPECIAL TOOL!!! This is exactly why RV manufacturers and dealers get a bad rap. They are usually bad!

RANT: I had called with issues so many times the service writer knew me by my voice on the phone. Rig was back so many times and so many things replaced or adjusted I gave up on the warranty with 4 months left on it. I'm replacing/fixing things myself so I know it will be done right./RANT

bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote