Thread: Kansas I-70
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pineranch, I grew up in Wamego, not too far from Paxico. We've not stayed at Mill Creek but have driven through there a couple of times. Those we know who stayed there said the trains are frequent and loud. If I recall, the tracks are right along the property line.

The Four Seasons Park east of Abilene is nice, as someone else said. If you want to get as far as Topeka, we very highly recommend Deer Creek Valley RV Park on the east side of Topeka, just off I-70. We spent some time there this summer and will spend a month there next Summer and another month in the Fall. We have kids in the KC area. Make reservations as this place is often full.

I would NOT recommend... well, let me say I'd recommend you avoid Cottonwood RV Park at Bonner Springs (west side of KC) just off I-70. Maybe for a night. But be aware it's a pit in our opinion.

Also, the KOA on the south side of Topeka is not bad except there you get trains, planes, and automobiles. Lots of those. That used to be about the only choice in Topeka so we have spent a couple of months there over the years. It's ok but not my first choice.

We have stayed at the Wakeeney KOA a couple of nights, but only overnight. It worked well with our daily mileage plans. It's ok. Nothing special but was fine for our purposes and would be fine if we were visiting someone and needed to stay a bit longer.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote