View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:30 PM   #15
Cacciato2006

M.O.C. #23399
Well, after many months of planning and work the 48 volt magnum inverter is installed and directly hooked up to the automatic transfer switch in the trailer. I ordered the trailer with the generator prep and the factory plumbed cable to a junction box in the basement. That made for a easy connection. The inverter powers both sides of the panel and the entire trailer will run off the inverter. I’ve upgraded my solar panels to 3KW (on my shop). Trailer electrical load with one AC is 2,000 to 2,200 watts and and the solar panels during the day will power the entire trailer with the excess power going back into the batteries. I’m still using a external lead acid battery bank (Trojan L16) until I retire and then we will move to lithium batteries. We have a generator building plumed with two champion propane generators and the new solar setup has reduced our generator usage to generally between 5 and 9pm when the sun starts dying off. It is summer in Texas. When we hit the hay around 10pm the generators are turned off and the bedroom AC is set at 70 and runs easily all night. Now one to the next project.
Cacciato2006 is offline   Reply With Quote