View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 04:31 PM   #14
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
We have '03 Duramax/Allison with Hypertech program. It installs through the diagnostic connector like most of the others. I always restore the factory program before going to the dealer to avoid confusing their diagnostic equipment. I have not added a larger exhaust but have considered coring the muffler.

The program has been in for 18 months and 25,000 miles with no problem. The extra 90 or so ponies and 150 ftlbs of torque are really welcome when I need them. We just finished towing 8500 miles including climbing out of the verde valley coming from Flag back to Phoenix. We pulled that grade (6% for about 5 miles) and never dropped below 55 mph. This is pulling an overloaded 3295 Big Sky (Rated gross @ 14,400 pounds). From ABQ to Flagstaff, I locked in at 75mph and that big old Duramax never missed a beat. The tranny never got above 190 degrees.

Normally, I don't push that hard but I had a bit of get-home-itis after six months on the road. Bottom line, I highly recommend the Hyper-tech program.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote