View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I never buy a warranty. I just keep cash on hand to cover issues (the cash that would have went to the insurance company IE: warranty company). And I have yet to see a service only company that LIKES dealing with a warranty company. And good luck getting mobile service that will deal with it. For sure I don't want to have to take my rig to a shop and let it sit there for weeks while they haggle with the warranty company that will be fighting to keep the repair costs to a minimum. I would strongly prefer to tell a service only shop to FIX IT RIGHT not cheap!!! For certain I want to take my rig to who I chose not to who is authorized by some warranty!!!
That is not a completely accurate statement. We have not had a mobile service that did not take the extended service plan. It would be a good idea to ask the mobile service provider if they honor the ESP before you use them. It is also a good idea to ask the dealer or service only company if they accept the warranty company. It is also a good idea to read and understand the Extended service plan contract so as to understand what they cover. We have never had a service plan tell us what dealer or
service company we had to use.

There are dealers that choose not to use any extended warranty or extended service contract company. One should determine if they do or do not before using them .

It is important to completely understand the terms of any service contract or extended warranty company. Example most if not all will only pay to repair to OEM conditions if you chose repair in excess of OEM it is on you as we did with our recent slide failure. The added reinforcement to the slide portion that was in excess of the OEM repair was on us and we knew that.

It is of course a individual choice service contract or not.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote