Thread: Rig Covers
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The tradeoffs are numerous:

For example, while a cover may preserve the graphics and weather exposure is minimized, the fit is critical so that it does not rub corners, or flap against the surface from wind and in turn damage the rig. It is great protection if parking around trees, saps, birds, etc. The bad news is that while protecting your rig, these can suffer their own damage while doing their job so it's not unusual to spend extra money replacing or repairing these as they get damaged. Another item about fit is you might want to make sure that you can get inside the rig through some zipper access in the cover.

In my case I was a foot too long for a cover and the next size up meant an extra 6 or so feet of extra length to worry about wrapping tight. Therefore I do not use a cover and must wash and wax (ugh, lotsa effort), especially the rubber roof more often than not. On the other hand, there are a couple of covered rigs around my area (lots of wind all year and very hot sun six months out of the year) that show rips and tears and the hassle of installing and removing the covers.

This is very much one of those love them or don't love them features with very few opinions in the middle. Consider me on the don't love them.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote