View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
well, we finally made it home about 9:30 this evening. (after unloading and dropping the rig in storage it was midnight before I got home). We had problems with one of our Mission Tires on the way home. It developed a bubble and tread began to seperate. Thank God I saw it while we were stopped to get a bite to eat. Since I was hungry and wanted to eat and didn't feel like bending and crawling around on a full stomach, I decided to put my Good Sam's Emergency Road Service to the test. They Failed!

We were just south east of Petersburg, Va. (which is South of Richmond Va.) It started well, they found a nearby service agent and placed the call within about 30 minutes. Now the primary provider for this area is Travel America out of ASHLAND, Va which is NORTH of Richmond or about 40 miles away from where we were. All of their trucks were out on call but they would be there in an hour and a half, hour 45 minutes at the latest. I started calling and speaking to GS Supervisors at the 2 hour point. I wanted them to re-assign the call but they were assured by the Travel America folks that their guy would be done and to me before an out of the area unit arrive. Long story short at the 3 1/2 hour point I changed the tire on my own and we still had not recieved the call from the driver saying he was in route. Hopefully my first experience with GSERS is not typical.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote