View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Not a full timer, but will add my $0.02. We have the 2955RL and really like it. If your truck handles it well now, and you plan to keep the 2955RL, I'd keep the Truck. If you plan to upgrade the Montana, then you may also want to consider if you need to upgrade the TV at that time to pull the additional weight if a new unit. My 2007 2955RL is the last year they made the lighter weight ones (we have 5200# axles the new ones have greater capacity axles).
As for a generator, is your unit generator preped? If not, the cost is very high to add a built in unit. Thats why I went with the 2 Kipper 2000I parallel units.
We have the JT Stabilizers and love them.
Is your unit W/D Preped? If not there is work that needs to be done.

Also remember if you decide to upgrade your Montana, there are probably modification that you will want to make on the new unit.

Unless there is some driving force, I'd suggest using what you have and see how it works and what happens. If you really feel the unit dose not have the capacity to carry everything you need, than consider a new unit. The generator is a necessity if you boondock, otherwise its only a nice to have item.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote