View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
New to MOC from Winnipeg, Mb. Brrrrrrr!

Just signed the papers and put down a deposit on a Mountaineer 331RLT. Next winter we will join the snowbird migration to Az. Still have some decisions to make before the order goes in and thought I would bring them up here to get some expert opinions.
-Are Dual pane windows worth the cost? I understand the biggest benefit is reduced condensation but in the past 3 years we have never had problems with condensation in our Cougar
-Fantastic fan or A/C in bedroom? Don't like running the AC at night. Love the Fantasticfan in our previous unit for cooling the bedroom at night, however, If watching TV in L/R the A/C is real noisy. Could you run the A/C in the bedroom(not ducted) and use furnace fan to circulate the cool air?
-Will probably get the Strong Arm Stabilizer. Auto level would be wonderful but a bit pricey. Maybe will add on later.
-Will add hitch receiver for bicycle rack.
-Decor! Prefer Midnight but want the leather Sofa and Home Theatre seating across from TV and salesman says only the Cocoa decor comes with full leather and the HT. Seems strange but so be it. Does anyone know what the leather colour options are? I've seen dark brown and a Carmel colour. The salesman was vague.
-No mattress upgrade or delete for credit is available. Is the mattress good quality?
-Have asked for least carpet possible. Apparently can't delete carpet in bedroom or the slide under table and chairs. Would like no carpet but not possible. What gives?
-Hitch and Pin box?
Have the Ford Factory Prep with pucks in my truck so hitch options are limited. Would prefer non-slider and told I don't need one. So it's either a Reese Elite 18k or B&W Companion OEM 20k.
Want a cushioned Pinbox so thinking Airborne Sidewinder. Gives me the cushioned ride with benefits of slider without weight of slider hitch (want to be able to easily remove hitch from bed for full bed access).
-Was offered extended protection plan which covers mechanical, not structural, breakdowns for 7 years at cost of $2,700. Rebate of $2000 after 7 yrs if not used. To bad structural is not covered but sounds like a good deal given refund option.
Sorry to be so long winded in my first post but any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. Want this unit to be as perfect as possible. We aren't doing this again.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote