View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:44 AM   #31
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
They no longer teach cursive writing at the school my grandkids attend! They do however teach typing, I think all the way down to grade school.

I took typing in high school and there was only one other boy in the class. I only took it cause I had a crush on one of the girls in the class. I don't recall the girls name now but I sure am glad I took the class!!!

When I took COBOL and FORTRAN programming in college, we were using key punch machines (sorta like the old time clock cards) to enter data
I married the girl I fell in love with in high school typing class. I think it was the tight fitting red waffle pakay dress that made me fall in love!!
When I worked in the hotel maintenance industry, we had a 400# clothes washer that we programmed with a (4x12 inch?) punch card for whatever cycle set we wanted.
Before I recently retired, I spent nearly 40 years eating fast food while doing outside service work. I, over the years began to see the inability of counter help to be able to count change, like others mentioned, especially if handed the exact coinage.