View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #15
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
You can't just turn 30 amp service to 50 amp service by moving some wires and changing the receptacle. If the park only has 30 amp service that's what it was wired for when it was built. They not going to wire a park with 50 amp service and only install 30 amp receptacles at the power poles. At the very least before you move have a licensed electrician come out to the park and inspect the the wiring in power pole for condition of the wiring, what gauge it is and the type of service that s feeding the park. The park might not even be up to code. That's why they probably are telling you to do it. They don't want to open a can of worms by having an electrician come out and finding faulting unsafe wiring at the park.
I do not stay at any park that doesn't have 50 service. I heard some newer parks being built now are installing 100 amp service to handle the larger rigs that now have 3 A/C's
Hopefully you have a surge protector but you can damage all the appliances in you rig with low voltage. I would find another park...