Thread: Furnace issue
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 03:30 AM   #9
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Thanks to all that responded. Mel wins the prize. After making this post, I called the service manager at our Montana dealer. Explained the problem to him. Of course he wanted me to bring it in to be looked at. Explained that was not an option as we planned on leaving today. Mentioned to him that I felt it was a propane problem. He agreed and ask if I might have a kinked gas hose. It was in the hose from the bottom of the regulator to the coach. I had noticed the kink soon after we had taken delivery, but it had never seemed to affect anything so I had not repaired it. I subscribe to the theory that "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT". Tried to just reroute the line but it was too short and kept the propane tank from setting correctly. Two brass elbows, 2 short nipples and a little pipe dope redirected the line and now all is well. The furnace seems to also be working to greater efficiency so it may also help the frig., stove and hot water tank. Again, thanks to all.

The plan is to wrap up the last of the loose ends and be on the road to our new life in about 4 hours. Not sure when we will again have access to the internet but will check back to MOC when we can.

Dennis & Carol
Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote