View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #5
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
navybanker:

I had the same problem with the bed frame in my 2012 - 3402RL and suspect that yours is mounted in a similar manner. Here is a picture of the original means of fastening the bed frame to the slide wall. As you can see this is pure crap and was bound to fail. It was fastened with 4 screws, when the dealer removed the slide to repair a frame flex problem they used the same screws but narrowly missed the original holes thus creating a larger hole which could not hold the force of opening the slide and pulling the bed out particularly when the wheels had also twisted.

I took my bed frame out of the unit and repaired the way the wheels mount and fixed other just plain crappy workmanship on the frame. I then added a piece of plywood and a 2x4 at the head of the bed, I also fastened the bottom of the sides to the floor in the raised section with screws being careful not to have screws extend through the floor of the slide.

You could use L brackets but there is not much to fasten them to on the bottom of the frame and they do nothing to hold the head of the frame to the wall, it would be better than original but if you are prepared to do it right once and for all then you will have to do a little more than brackets. Be sure the wheels are properly supported and will not twist in the future, adding additional support in that area will also solve that problem.

This picture shows the plywood and 2x4 at the head of the frame which was all glued and screwed together, no staples were used for my repair.

Fix it right and never worry about it again. Good luck.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote