View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

As far as I'm concerned, Canada is as bad as Mexico...different reasons, but just as bad. I'm not going to either country.
As a very "PROUD" Canadian I find it difficult to understand the above statement and will control the urge to not respond in the way in which I would like to.

I have traveled pretty much all of the central and western US and have made many friends along the way, I have made myself aware of the rules and regulations I must observe when crossing into the US and returning to Canada and while I most certainly do not like some of the "welcome to the US searches" we have been subjected to when entering the US, I adhere to your rules, because it is after all your country and your rules, however making friends and seeing some of the wondrous things the good Lord created long before borders existed, is more important to me than not going because I don't like your rules.

It is such a shame that because of his position TLightning will never be able to visit the great state of Alaska with his Montana and will never see the many wonders that make up Canada while making that trip, nor will he ever make friends here that like myself, will not speak unkindly of his country, his countries rules and your way of life.

I hope TLightning might change his opinion, if not then Canada and we proud Canadians will not be shortchanged by his absence.

Tooth ferry: I would only suggest you make yourself aware of any items that you are not allowed to bring into Canada, you can certainly bring rifles and shotguns in which are properly declared, you most certainly cannot bring handguns in and I would suggest you not show up at the Canadian border expecting them to be held for your return, that is "NOT" an option. For anyone entering do not try to bring handguns in undeclared because if you do you will never get them back and will not be allowed to enter the country if you are found to have lied about them. Make yourself aware of the rules as we do when we enter the US and abide by the rules.

If you feel lost without your handgun then sign up for one of our bear wrestling or caribou roping classes, you will find you really don't need one up here...(joke)

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote