View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
electryc_monk
Established Member

M.O.C. #9362
Send a message via Yahoo to electryc_monk
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by clutch

We just went through the agony of a refrigerator problem. I know nothing beyond the on off switch so we took it to a shop. Wala, $850 later it was cold again.

The next trailer we buy will have a house type frige in it. We seldom boondock so that is what we will be looking for. I believe they are called destination trailers. They come with all the holding tanks and fresh water tank. Only the frige is different.
(smirks) you know I've seen those "not-so-heavy" fridges in person before, a friend in the dorms bought one...stood just over 5' tall and had a real freezer too! IT weigh'd well, compared to the ones we have in the stickbuilt homes its LIGHT.

OKAY the solenoid valve was shot as was the coolant frame....
installed the frame exactly as the instructions say & show... emailed the guy and called him (honest help and good help).
Alas Now its time to call him err, scratch that -email him- After writing this thread reply about what I've attempted and tried and tested...

* Got a IR temp gun (NICE TOY!)
* replaced the solenoid, valve for $129 in person had it in hand this morning. Could of had it for $107(7 day order) but, would not of had fridge for this weekend. LEt alone testing it today.

* reinstalled the solenoid,valve (as per manual) cycled when "Check" Light came on [cycled it at least -7 times before I heard it ignite and stay on)

*let run on propane for 45 odd minutes before temp prob testing....
back wall of freezer was in high 20's IIRC
- in nearly 2 hours back wall was at 15.2*F cieling was 19-22*F and floor of freezer was lower 20's; fridge aluminum plate was 83-79.4*F after those 2 odd hours.

* two days ago (as of today)left it plugged in on AC only for several hours before checking on it... it was starting to cool that night(as I was going to bed soon) some 3-4 hrs after turning it on. Did not use temp IR unit then...oh well. Nextt lunchtime the freezer was kinda luke warmish, fridge was hot!.

* started re-researching for the two (thinks to self "was it really two or just that one site?) Anywho...

now I'm getting super tired...
electryc_monk is offline   Reply With Quote