View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
electryc_monk
Established Member

M.O.C. #9362
Send a message via Yahoo to electryc_monk
Dometic refer fun...

when we got back from our first real run with the Monty we noticed it wasn't cooling good on cleanout day... then i realized it had a wierd odor, then saw the sulfur color... :>( then foundout cost of whole new fridge...(choked) then went to the university of google to see what could be done for troubleshooting it... found a unit via craigslist but, it was the wrong size (too short)...
then ran across rvicebox.com (ummm I paid $480 plus shipping for the whole coil setup direct swap out and they paid for core return shipment).

well got it installed and started up only to have the glee a install finally done (picture parade to be uploaded later)....

discovered from a troubleshooting effort using my ole noggin...

found out that sometimes the solenoid valve will get clogged, and in cleaning and disassembly I feared I may have slightly broke the little shutoff screw.... so hunted for a replacement...

tangent alert?
found a site with free downloads of what I'll assume is all dometic and norcold(?) service manuals and part numbers listed in each manual.

case in point for our Dometic 2852 model the link was www.aaarvnet/921146003.htm
careful when you edit that page in your browser... sometimes browsers don't like jumping back to main pages from links like this.... (play at your own risk) :>)

i then used a couple rv retailers for price *wakeup calls* for this lil brass block with a solenoid on it....
the folks in Everett, WA want $115.26 for this puppy
the folks at PPL in Houston,Tx want slightly more $139.41

So now I'm gonna have a visit to a couple local RV folks around here in the DFW area and see what they'll offer up as a *good price*...

Now /end of tangent

IF this little solenoid is a problem that I'll be fixing and she fires up and works great for this weekend then COOOLBEANNNSSSS; if not, then hmmm maybe the board will need testing too huh?

I'm thinking of going into at least one of the local shops and seeing if they can test the fridge mainboard as well... after all its only a few screws and a detailed picture of all wires connected then yank and go....

night night folks.
suggestions?
electryc_monk is offline   Reply With Quote